Monday 24 December 2012

Cloud Imagination

Clouds spark imagination...

How I dream of having a 'cloud car' :) I would fly south whenever it gets too cold here. It also seems so much more comfortable than a flying carpet - I imagine it to feel like a super soft fluffy down :)

A cloud is also the star of Guinness' new commercial by AMV BBDO UK - "Cloud" - Made of More (see video below). After watching this ad I had the feeling that Guinness is on some kind of mission to position the brand more upscale - it seems a bit far from its heritage.

Either way, although I find the link with Guinness a bit too loose to be a great ad, I just love the story being told about the cloud: great script and good shots, good casting of the voice-over and the choice of music works wonders. You really start liking the cloud, and wanting to take it in and take care of it (probably not an association that you would have with Guinness though - a bit too cuddly)



We're also nearing the end of the year, a time often characterized by year reviews and reflection. But also a time where I  like to look ahead and look forward to the new year that is coming. Rather than looking to long at the past, I prefer to dream of the opportunities that are out there. When I saw Christopher Jonassen's pictures series I recognized this feeling. His pictures series is called 'Before we begin'





I wish you happy holidays in which you can celebrate with friends and family and reminisce on all the good moments, and I also already wish you a good new year full of Cloud Imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment