Monday 17 December 2012

My Favourite Belgian Waffle

As a Belgian I often get the question abroad on whether I eat a lot of waffles :) (should I be worried? , or should I just take it as an interest in my 'Belgianess'? ;) )

But I do reaaaaally love them, so let me share with you the address of my favourite Belgian waffle place - where they make not only the best waffles, but also the best crepes - or pannekoeken as we call them in Flemish. And trust me, when you are there you often end up eating more than one - right Geke? ;)  

Look at that lightness - the little holes in the waffle are juuuust perrrrfect!

So this weekend, during my trip home, I gathered my friends to go for sweet delights at Desire de Lille in Antwerp where they make their waffles to per-fec-tion!

Their recipe for the dough makes for an airy and light waffle, this is really key for a true Belgian waffle and they make it exactly as it should be, and the bake is also perfectly crisp and golden!

A must when you visit Belgium!


Desire de Lille - Schrijnwerkersstraat 16 in Antwerp!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! No better place to eat waffles or pancakes than Desiré de Lille! Yet another reason to visit Antwerp! :)

    ReplyDelete