Wednesday 27 February 2013

On Wedding Dress Shopping

I have had such an amazing weekend! A weekend full of laughter and one that made me feel so blessed and thankful for the fantastic friends around me!

It all started last Friday when I was sitting at home, having finished my article on Lichtenstein and wishing for the warmth of the sun, trying to heat up on the gazillion-th latte of the day, as the doorbell rang.

And there she was! The sunshine of the day!! My close friend Nadja suddenly at my doorstep hiding behind a bouquet of pink flowers. She had flown over London on her way back from NY to Munich, especially to go wedding dress shopping with me! You cannot believe how loud I screamed with excitement seeing her! 

This needed a good night out on the town for the much needed catching up! We started our evening at Mark's Bar in Soho for our first of many glasses of fine bubbly. Mark's Bar is really one of those sweet spots in London to enjoy a cocktail in its cool interior of leather chesterfields and soft lighting.  


Nadja at Mark's Bar
After our aperitif we headed to Yauatcha to meet Evi for little packets of deliciousness - dim sum! One of my favourite foods that I got hooked on when I was living in Singapore a couple of years ago. Evi, of course, had known all about the surprise and had made sure that I had already made the reservation much earlier :) If you make it to Yauatcha, be sure to try the Prawn and beancurd cheung fun! It is absolutely delicisious - it both melts in your mouth as giving you some sense of crisp with the tempura'd prawn woven through the roll! And if you like spicy, then you should really taste the steamed halibut with home made chilli and salted radish! 

at Yauatcha

We ended our night with a late night cap at the bar of The Connaught in Mayfair - relaxed atmosphere, again dim lighting, soft chairs and beautiful 20s decor. 

The next morning, on Saturday, I had my appointment at Temperley in Notting Hill to try some of their exquisitely flowing wedding dresses! Four of my friends joined me as the bridal fashion police to give me their honest opinion. Priceless :)


Temperley in Notting Hill!
Temperley Wedding Dresses
Evi trying on a veil :)
I'm sure you're wondering which dress Natalia, Camille and Evi are looking at ;)

Trying on all the different styles of wedding dresses is just a blast! How cliche it might sound that you do feel like a princess - well I was feeling more like an Oscar worthy actress ;) but close enough and much more glamorous ;) And they all tell me that I'll know when I will have found 'the one'.

Of course I will not reveal....still a fitting at Browns to come and the groom cannot see the dress before the big day - so you will have to wait too ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment