Monday 14 January 2013

Bunnies

I came across this video ‘Chocolate Bunny’ by Dutch artists Lernert & Sander and I just had to share it with you!


Still from the Chocolate Bunny video by Lernert and Sander


I really like the use of one soft and sweet pastel colour for all décor elements as it enhances the contrast with the poor brown melting bunny. I also love the music by Nathan Larson underscoring the whole melting process, it makes the scenes that extra haunting and for some reason gives it a bit of humorous twist because it underlines the absurdity of the whole. What do you think of it?

They not only make videos and commercials, but also create installations - always with a humorous twist. If you were already living in London in 2010, you might remember the sculptural installations they created for the Selfdridges window displays drawing attention to the launch of the new Selfridges Shoe Galleries. Mundane household appliances were given a glamorous make-over!

Dustbuster Stilettos
Iron Stilettos
The video of these chocolate bunnies melting also reminded me of the dark humour cartoons that I really liked when I was studying for exams at university. I used to have a copy of The Book of Bunny Suicides by Andy Riley next to me for giggles when I needed a break from the dry formulas in the study books.



Still of the Lernert and Sander "Chocolate Bunny" video and the
photos of the artists'Selfridges installations by Lex Kembery taken from Lernert and Sander's website
Cartoons of Bunny Suicides from Andy Riley's website




No comments:

Post a Comment