Tuesday 15 January 2013

On Planning a Wedding


I am getting married in the fall! My sweets asked me to marry him on a desolate walkway in Venice next to the the Canale della Giudecca last November. Tears of joy ran down my cheeks and a soft ‘of course’ crossed my lips.

But people are starting to spook me and I am almost getting afraid that tears of frustration will run down my cheeks with all the wedding planning that has to take place. If their predictions are right, I will be fretting about the thickness of ribbons on the wedding invitations in two months’ time and turn into a total bridezilla in three. I doubt it. Really. But who knows, I might have hidden depths I didn’t know about :)

I just keep ‘zen’ with two pictures in my mind! My wedding mood board consists of exactly two pictures, and they revolve around people, not things. So as long as I focus on that, all other material elements will be fine. 

Except for the wedding dress, that needs to be perfect ;) , oh and the photography of course because that stays with you forever, oh and the food – as a total foodie I could not bear bad food, oh and the music – I want a blast of a party so I need the perfect DJ, oh and the flowers!! They need to be colourful and abundant….Oh nooooo, there we go…the transformation to bridezilla is starting… 

Just kidding, I have the essence captured in my mood board pictures. It’s enough to guide me.



I’m really dreaming of a small wedding, a wedding where we are surrounded by the people closest to us - the people we love and love us back. I imagine our wedding as a celebration of us being together and of our promise to each other; the promise that we will build a life together as a team and that we will love each other through the good and the bad moments. I am picturing a wonderful day with lots of smiling people, lots of hugs, lots of dancing and laughing, plenty of jokes and the making of many memories! Us, friends and family dancing a sparkling night away! It would make me so happy to see everyone having a good time! So that at the end of the evening I can kiss my love and scream with happiness while looking at some fireworks :)

In any case, since so many of our friends are coming from abroad, I will make sure they will have a good time - and that requires some planning - so back to work and my lovely timeline that will help me through this as efficiently as possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment