Monday 14 January 2013

Alber Elbaz + Lancôme

I am buzzing with excitement to see the cosmetics line that will be conceived by Lancome and Alber Elbaz, Lanvin's artistic director! For now I will have to do with Elbaz's cute teaser video and I will be couting down the days until the 15th of June when the limited-edition color cosmetics collection is out in stores worldwide.


I am of course curious about the colours of the make-up line and I am dreaming of sweet pastels and soft textures, but even more so I am dying to see the packaging design and the campaign! Will they use spokesperson Emma Watson?  I believe she would be a good pick and I think if she had the chance the collaborate with Elbaz on the campaign, that we could see some joyous and fun results! I really hope the campaign will reflect Elbaz' humour, joy and lightness - his joie de vivre that twinkles in his eye! And that it will be that bit more than just a headshot of a beautifully made up model (even if it is the lovely Miss Watson)




Alber Elbaz self portrait

I love Alber Elbaz' vision on beauty and I really hope it will be reflected in this limited edition cosmetics collection! 

Alber Elbaz on beauty: 'It seems as though every time you want to be a modernist you have to make something a little bit ugly. And if you make it really ugly then it's really modern and really cool. But beauty is never démodé. Beauty is the one thing I think everyone is seeking. That's it — to touch beautiful things, to make women feel beautiful. And this is power, you know, to feel beautiful. I always say that women are very strong and men are powerful. But beauty gives you both strength and power. I never think of it. It's just one of those natural things. It's the only thing I know how to do ' from Julia Reed's interview with Alber Elbaz - original article here


Alber Elbaz playing hide and seek



No comments:

Post a Comment